POSITION GOAL
In the future, my ultimate
goal is to become a Superintendent of a district some day as well as become a
coach for leaders. I believe that the
goal of being a superintendent allows for me to achieve both of these. My personal career in educational leadership
has been one that has allowed for me to have many different opportunities in a
variety of roles, which I believe, have lead to some success and a deeper
understanding of the work that must be done. I began as a teacher, then
department chair, then assistant principal, associate principal and now and I
am a building principal. Each role has
given me a greater insight into the details, which I believe are important in
developing as a leader.
To achieve my goal as a superintendent and then maybe even a coach for future leaders I see my path still being one that has many different roles in which I would like to have to build on my knowledge and sharpen my skills in a variety of areas. Right now, I am currently the principal of a 6-12 charter school. This smaller setting has allowed me to learn the role of principal on a smaller scale. I see my next role as a building principal of a comprehensive high school so that I can learn how to work with a larger faculty and facility. Following that I would like to become a director on the district level in any area so that I can learn how to work with multiple campuses at one time and make sure that I can communicate, implement, and develop those campuses in a specific area well. Following that role, I'd like to become and Associate or Assistant Superintendent, having the opportunity to work closely with a superintendent and gain further insight as to the job and role. In addition to these roles, I'd like to find the opportunity to teach at the college level and work with future leaders mentoring and providing knowledge as they work to become campus or district leaders. I believe that opportunity would allow me to continue to perfect the art of teaching while ensuring that I am pushing myself as a learner and professional.
LEADERSHIP GOAL
We live in a world where we are teaching children and adults the skills necessary to solve problems that do not yet exist or have not yet been discovered, an as we embark on this journey of learning; we need someone steering the ship who enjoys the adventure and cultivates those around them to be better everyday then they were before. We need someone who believes in the good of people and appreciates the mistakes and messiness of the learning that will take place. For that reason, I am extremely passionate about leading. I want to be the person that is encouraging, supporting, nurturing, learning, inspiring and celebrating all aspects of the educational journey with those involved. I am motivated by a desire to push people beyond what they thought they could do, celebrate them for their success along the way, and hold their hand when they trip and fall and encourage them to get back up and try again. As a leader, I hope to accomplish being someone who keeps the ship going while producing the best teachers and citizens for a world that will need both along the way. I am inspired by others and enjoy the process tremendously!
The superintendent program has prepared me to figure out how to do this on a more global level. What you hear from teachers, administrators, and the community is that there are so many other things that get in their way from the great work that must be done. The superintendent coursework has prepared me to help them remove obstacles and get to the most important work that they do daily in our schools. It has helped me to learn to create a clear focused vision and develop experts who can solve problems that prevent learning from happening. I hope to accomplish this and much more as a future leader in the educational system.
To achieve my goal as a superintendent and then maybe even a coach for future leaders I see my path still being one that has many different roles in which I would like to have to build on my knowledge and sharpen my skills in a variety of areas. Right now, I am currently the principal of a 6-12 charter school. This smaller setting has allowed me to learn the role of principal on a smaller scale. I see my next role as a building principal of a comprehensive high school so that I can learn how to work with a larger faculty and facility. Following that I would like to become a director on the district level in any area so that I can learn how to work with multiple campuses at one time and make sure that I can communicate, implement, and develop those campuses in a specific area well. Following that role, I'd like to become and Associate or Assistant Superintendent, having the opportunity to work closely with a superintendent and gain further insight as to the job and role. In addition to these roles, I'd like to find the opportunity to teach at the college level and work with future leaders mentoring and providing knowledge as they work to become campus or district leaders. I believe that opportunity would allow me to continue to perfect the art of teaching while ensuring that I am pushing myself as a learner and professional.
LEADERSHIP GOAL
We live in a world where we are teaching children and adults the skills necessary to solve problems that do not yet exist or have not yet been discovered, an as we embark on this journey of learning; we need someone steering the ship who enjoys the adventure and cultivates those around them to be better everyday then they were before. We need someone who believes in the good of people and appreciates the mistakes and messiness of the learning that will take place. For that reason, I am extremely passionate about leading. I want to be the person that is encouraging, supporting, nurturing, learning, inspiring and celebrating all aspects of the educational journey with those involved. I am motivated by a desire to push people beyond what they thought they could do, celebrate them for their success along the way, and hold their hand when they trip and fall and encourage them to get back up and try again. As a leader, I hope to accomplish being someone who keeps the ship going while producing the best teachers and citizens for a world that will need both along the way. I am inspired by others and enjoy the process tremendously!
The superintendent program has prepared me to figure out how to do this on a more global level. What you hear from teachers, administrators, and the community is that there are so many other things that get in their way from the great work that must be done. The superintendent coursework has prepared me to help them remove obstacles and get to the most important work that they do daily in our schools. It has helped me to learn to create a clear focused vision and develop experts who can solve problems that prevent learning from happening. I hope to accomplish this and much more as a future leader in the educational system.
Jen,
ReplyDeleteIt is refreshing to hear someone of your ability say they want to be a leadership coach and lead others to success. I believe we have a responsibility to develop leaders for the future. We have children that will be exposed to other leaders during their education and it is important that we help grow some leaders. I also appreciated your comment about building citizens. Everyone we interact with is a member of the world we live in and it is going to take innovative leaders like you that change the world for the better one person at a time.