Sunday, June 2, 2013

How Leaders can use Blogs

   Educational Leaders can use blogs for a variety of things.  The first way that they could use them is for communication, blogging is an excellent way for leaders to communicate important information or share articles with their staff, community, and other stakeholders.  In addition, blogging can be an excellent source for feedback.  If a leaders wants feedback regarding questions, concerns, or just general information, they could use a blog as the mechanism to create in depth dialogues when people have time to communicate.  Similarly, I think having a way to share resources and information is crucial, and blogging can do that.  Blogging allows to you share a website, an article, or any other vital information with staff, community, and faculty.

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer,

    I had not previously considered getting feedback via a blog which I think could be a good idea. I know at the secondary level our students are very technologically literate. Blogs could provide a unique opportunity to connect with these students and get meaningful input from them on ways to improve our campus in a platform they are comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bonus to the feedback is that most blogs call for the person to be logged in - thus no anonymous comments for people to hide behind.

    ReplyDelete